Tuesday, April 20, 2010

The Idolatry of Ideas...

"Until the love of God that knows no boundary, limit, or breaking point is internalized through personal decision; until the furious longing of God seizes the imagination; until the heart is conjoined with the mind through sheer grace - nothing happens.  The idolatry of ideas has left me puffed up, narrow minded, and intolerant of any ideas that do not coincide with mine."

"Anyone who claims to know all the answers doesn't really know very much.  But the person who loves has full knowledge" 1 Cor 8:2-3

2 comments:

Your Favorite Rocksnob said...

I like this one JJ. For me, I think that being a person who is strong in opinion and conviction has it's down fall because my thoughts and opinions are not always his...are they ever? Often we move in ourselves instead of moving in/with the spirit. The more study and seek his will the more chance we have to be in tune with him.
Galatians 5:25: Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit.

It’s biblical so you know it’s true (in my Ron Burgandy voice)

Rocco Maiolo said...

wow. great quote. I'd love to see/hear Manning speak someday.
-roc